SERVPRO gives tips on what you can do until help arrives!
SERVPRO of North Clackamas and Happy Valley wants to prepare our community for any and all fires that can affect homes or businesses. The first 48 hours after a fire damage occurs can make a huge difference before restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of North Clackamas and Happy Valley can help prevent fire damage from creating long term problems. Our team of well trained professionals provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration.
These services will help you and your property, belongings , and memories be restored to preloss conditions when possible. SERVPRO of North Clackamas wants to offer tips you can do until help arrives.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high-traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim, and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Here at SERVPRO of North Clackamas and Happy Valley, we make sure to make your home or business look just as good as new or how we like to say "Like it never even happened.” Please call SERVPRO of North Clackamas and Happy Valley twenty-four a day seven days a week for any Fire, Water, Mold, or Bio-hazard clean-ups. If you have any questions please give us a call at (503)652-3997.