How to spot water damage
Here are some early warning indicators to be aware of:
1.Your flooring may change. Tile may loosen without explanation or even any noticeable wetness. Vinyl can peel and laminate flooring may warp or looked buckled.
- You may see evidence on walls. saturated drywall is obvious. Some not so obvious signs can include paint that is peeling or bubbling, or drywall that is cracking due to small amounts of water on the inside of the wall that can cause the material to swell and retract without looking wet.
- Discolorations or spots is an obvious sign that water has intruded.
- Odors, specifically a musty smell, this is a sign that microbial growth may have occurred.
- You may hear water running. at night when the house is quiet, can you hear the subtle hiss of water running in the plumbing system or sounds of dripping inside walls, try to document where you hear the sounds so that it can be further investigated.
- Have no fear, you can call SERVPRO of Milwaukie Happy Valley 24/7 365 days a year and you will reach a live person who cares about your home just as much as you do. Even if you aren’t sure where it is coming from or what is going on, call on the professionals hear at SERVPRO Milwaukie Happy Valley.