Frozen Pipe Facts
With low temperatures in the Milwaukie and Happy Valley area this week, your friends at SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy want to share these facts about frozen pipes!
- 37% of all frozen pipe failures occur in a basement.
- Frozen pipes are one of the biggest risks of property damage when the temperature drops.
- A frozen pipe that bursts can lead to more than $5,000 in water damage to your property.
- 32 degrees is the point of freezing. It is important to keep your home above this temperature.
- Pipe insulation can cost as little at 50 cents per linear foot. This can be crucial in preventing your pipes from freezing.
If you do experience a burst pipe, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley at 503-652-3997. We are available 24/7, 365 days a year to help you when disaster strikes. We will make it “Like it never even happened.”