Recent Mold Remediation Posts
The scary truth about mold
It doesn't require much or take long for mold to grow, 24-48 hours, a little bit of moisture, and the right humidity and it is camping grounds for mold! When mold starts to come through the paint in your home it means the problem on the other side is much worse than what is visible. Mold also has a musty smell, even though it cannot be seen, it can be identified by the smell. Trying to solve the problem on your own could result in mold spreading to other areas of your home, making a bigger and more expensive remediation. When you come across mold be sure to call professionals at SERVPRO Milwaukie/Happy Valley. We have the trained personal, products and machines to effectively take care of any mold and make it "Like it never even happened."
Mold or not to be Mold?
Here are some early warning indicators to be aware of:
- Your flooring may change. Tile may loosen without explanation or even any noticeable wetness. Vinyl can peel and laminate flooring may warp or looked buckled.
- You may see evidence on walls. saturated drywall is obvious. Some not so obvious signs can include paint that is peeling or bubbling, or drywall that is cracking due to small amounts of water on the inside of the wall that can cause the material to swell and retract without looking wet.
- Discolorations or spots is an obvious sign that water has intruded.
- Odors, specifically a musty smell, this is a sign that microbial growth may have occurred.
- You may hear water running. at night when the house is quiet, can you hear the subtle hiss of water running in the plumbing system or sounds of dripping inside walls, try to document where you hear the sounds so that it can be further investigated.
- Have no fear, you can call SERVPRO of Milwaukie Happy Valley 24/7 365 days a year and you will reach a live person who cares about your home just as much as you do. Even if you aren’t sure where it is coming from or what is going on, call on the professionals hear at SERVPRO Milwaukie Happy Valley.
Mold happens fast...Call SERVPRO quick!
Got Mold! Call SERVPRO of Milwaukie/ Happy Valley
Is there ever a good time to have mold? Has mold ever been so bold that it just shows up unannounced and unexpected? Bottom line, there is never a good time for mold and frankly no one wants it in their home. If mold strikes, you want to act fast but who do you call? Call SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley and we will help you get back your life and evict your unwanted guest named mold. Our technicians are IICRC certified to handle the removal of the mold from your home. SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley is thorough from inspection to remediation and will help you with the entire process. Don't let mold ruin your day, SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Valley is here to save the day!
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere making it impossible to remove all mold you’re your home or business. Consider the following mold facts and give SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley a call to handle your mold remediation!
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth.
Mold prevention tips
Take care of your mold to keep you family safe
MOLD PREVENTION TIPS
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Be sure your home has enough ventilation. Use exhaust fans which vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom. Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your home.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow.
- Clean up and dry out your home thoroughly and quickly (within 24–48 hours) after flooding.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before painting.
- Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
- Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked and cannot be dried promptly. Consider not using carpet in rooms or areas like bathrooms or basements that may have a lot of moisture.
Signs of Mold
Call SERVPRO of Milwaukie Happy Valley to get your mold tested.
Visible mold growth might seem like an obvious sign of mold. However many people don't notice small amounts of mold growth or they think it's just soot or dirt. Sometimes people simply ignore visible mold in their house.
If you can see mold growth, even if it's only small, you should take action immediately. Small mold patches can spread and the fact that there is any mold shows that the conditions in your home are right for mold to grow. If you have concerns SERVPRO of Milwaukie Happy Valley is here to help.
Sometimes you might not realize there is mold in your house, especially if it is unusual looking mold. Some mold growth looks white and thread-like. Other mold appears as clusters of small black spots. Mold can be black, gray-brown, gray-green or white in color. Mold growing behind wallpaper made of vinyl can even appear orange, pink or purple.
Closet mold from recent mold damage
When there is a decent amount of moisture but no air flow mold tends to grow. Don't freak out, call SERVPRO of Milwaukie/ Happy Valley. We have negative air machines that will take all the dirty air and filter it out as well as de-humidification machines that will help control the moisture in the air. We will also remove the affected drywall to ensure we get everything we can see. A containment will be built to make sure no mold spores are spread to any areas of your home, so no further damage occurs. Our products will also help with the musty odor because we know just how bad the smell is. If you have ANY questions do not hesitate to call us at 503-652-3997.
Mold In Basement
Black mold due to sewage back up.
Mold doesn't just grow with a water damage or to much humidity it can happen with a sewage back up as well. Here in this photo, a customer had a sewage back up and let it sit in their basement for months before calling us resulting in black mold at least a foot high all around the basement. When letting a damage like this sit the insurance company wont always cover it because of the extent of time it has been sitting resulting in a spendy remediation as well as a rebuild. Calling us when you first spot the damage can save you from potential safety hazards regarding your health with breathing in the toxins. Call us AS SOON as you spot the damage!
Mold hiding in tight spaces
Small area of mold damage from where a kitchen sink use to be
Mold is EVERYWHERE, indoors, outdoors, on your pets, even in your AC /heating systems. Mold spores are microscopic and cant be seen floating around in the air, but mold itself can be identified by its musty smell or "dirt" smell. It can cause a number of issues in your home like eating away the structure itself causing structural damage which could result in a very pricey rebuild. It can also cause respiratory issues such as throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation. If you have immune compromised people or people with chronic lung illnesses such as obstructive lung disease that live in your home, mold could cause serious infections. SERVPRO of Milwaukie/ Happy Valley will take care of your every need!
Mold playing peek-a-boo?
Mold Playing Peek-A-Boo?
It doesn't take long for mold to grow, and it doesn't require much either, 24-48 hours, a little bit of moisture, and the right humidity and it is camping grounds for mold! When mold starts to come through the paint in your home it means the problem on the other side is much worse than what is visible. Mold also has a musty smell, even though it cant be seen, it can be identified by the smell. Trying to solve the problem on your own could result in mold spreading to other areas of your home, making a bigger and more expensive remediation. When you come across mold be sure to call professionals at SERVPRO Milwaukie/Happy Valley.We have the trained personal, products and machines to effectively take care of any mold and make it "Like it never even happened."